Can't Blow My Mind

Can't Blow My Mind
"Ain't Got No Grass" from HAIR with New Line.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Peyote root...

So I was told to be less "cynical Robin Berger" and more "high, happy and semi-clueless Jeanie" by Director Scotty. I mean what does he want from me? Does he want me to act or something? Geesh! He also told me to speak an octave higher. Can I help it if I was blessed with my father's voice?

So, knowing that Scotty is completely and utterly correct, I am channeling the spirits of all of the smelly, wanna-be-hippie art majors that assaulted my nasal passages for five years at Webster U. You know the types...made up names because they couldn't connect with the "normal" ones that their parents gave them. They walk around sporting the name of their favorite song from their favorite band. Usually an 80's band. How "hippie" is that? Like I said..."wanna-be".

But seriously, I am so excited about the challenge, vibe and genius that is HAIR. There is positive growth potential for me as an actor. How wonderful to be a part of this historical show. Thanks for including me in the tribe!

Now, I must channel the spirits of the stinky...

Play some Lynerd Skynerd man!

Later losers...

1 comment:

Scott Miller said...

No, never "clueless" Jeanie! She's the tribe shaman and psychic! She knows more than anyone else... :)