Can't Blow My Mind

Can't Blow My Mind
"Ain't Got No Grass" from HAIR with New Line.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

my eyes are open ...wide.

It is ironic that I am in the cast of HAIR during a period of major personal transition. I honestly believe that everything happens for a reason and has a purpose. Although I cannot disclose all , I have had some major decisions to make recently. I have made those decisions and I feel positive they are correct for me and my family. 100% No doubts and I feel great!

Depression has been my enemy over the past four years. Post-partum is a bitch...take your sexist B.S. Tom Cruise and shove it up your Scientologist bum hole! I have a great marriage, kids, home, friends, career. What was my problem? (besides hormone imbalance) What was missing? Why I am not feeling completely happy? Where is the "Robin" that I have always known?

Then at a point when I needed it most I became immersed once again in the world of theatre. Thanks Scotty! Not as a staff member, but as one of the cast. I love choreographing, but the actor in me had been severely neglected for 8 years. Eight years without being in a show. I had to ask myself what was missing? Sometimes we need a push to discover the obvious.

Thanks to the tribe for your support and friendship. What wonderful people...New Line has always felt like home and once again I feel whole.

2 comments:

dittoditto said...

Eight years is a long time not performing. I don't know what I would do if I didn't let my little actor do his thing.

I am glad that we are finally doing a show together.

T

Nikki Glenn said...

Robin, I am so glad that I have the pleasure of knowing you! I was impressed by your talent when we first met, but I also just liked you instantly, which just doesn't happen very often for me. It seems tha all of us bloggers are really going through changes as the show progresses. Maybe us 'grown folks' should hang out some night? Whaddya think?