Can't Blow My Mind

Can't Blow My Mind
"Ain't Got No Grass" from HAIR with New Line.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Hair today. Hair tomorrow.

I can't wait to see everyone tonight!!!! Yea! I love the Osage tribe!

I also can't wait to see what is going to take place during "The Bed" . At first I thought-What the hell is this doing in this show? It has nothing to do with anything. It's just a number stuck in the middle of Act II. Ugh, I hate that.

But, just like the rest of the show, it belongs right where it is in Act II. I've been thinking about this song all weekend. (Now I need to memorize the words) The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to me. This song does many things in my opinion:

Speaks of the everyday freedoms that we all enjoy - which Claude will be losing by going to war.
Acts as a reminder to Claude of these freedoms.
Tribe's protest and disagreement of Claude's decision to go to Vietnam.
A celebration of all the things the tribe holds dear - freedom to be who they are!

Peace to the Osage

No comments: